Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Why did the Bears have to loose when I finally got to watch the game?

So of course this past Sunday night I finally got to see the Chicago Bears game. 

We have lived for several years without any tv, only dvd's and netflix, then my folks came to visit and they needed  tv so we bought an antenna.  Luckily for us it is only 60 miles to the nearest tv station. 

The Spanish station comes in the best and is in HD.  Go figure.  NBC has the best reception of the network stations.  (I won't go into all the religious stations & infomercial stations) The antenna is outside on a pole and has a remote that will move it from side to side up to 90 degrees.  It helped some with the tuning but would be a pain to have to do that all the time. Luckily I don't watch much tv, so not a big deal.

As a lifelong Chicago Bears fan, I decided to take advantage of our new antenna and watch the game.  I only made it to half time as I knew it was going bad and was too depressing to watch. After 3 weeks of split second, game ending wins, I was hoping for some good action. 

Oh, well.   I feel Like Bing Crosby, who left the country during the 1960 World Series and had his people film the game off the tv.  He knew if he watched it would be bad luck. Of course that ended up being great luck for his team and for fans now that that film has been found.

I was sure expecting some offense from the Bears, especially after all the glowing stories of the new  offensive coordinator Mike Martz. Didn't see any of that on Sunday night against the Giants. Of course Jay spent most of the first half on his butt.   Well any team can have a bad week. 

Funny how many new names are on the team.  Walter Payton will always be my favorite player - he had class and was a great player.

This brings me to the point of the blog, a picture from the past  - when I worked on the Jamie Kennedy Experiment, Season 3.  We filmed in New York and did a segment with Tiki Barber and Amani Toomer. 




Of course I had to wear my Bears shirt that day. One must always show their true colors.


They were great guys and it was fun nice to meet them.  Later on in the season on the Jamie Kennedy Experiment we filmed in Chicago and had Da Coach on.  That will be another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment