Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sidi Crossfire SRS Motorcycle Boots - review



My niece an avid motorcyclist told me to spend the most money on my helmet and my boots for my new motorcycle.  I chose a Shoei helmet and Sidi for the boots.  As we live 2 miles down an unmaintained dirt road I wanted boots that were good for off road.  I wanted a lot of protection and quality.  After much searching online I found a closeout deal on blue and black Sidi Crossfire SRS boots. Are the boots overkill, probably - but not overprotection.  I am not a hard core motocross person, but all my riding if I leave from home will start off road.  Also in AZ there are lots and lots of trails. I hope to take advantage of them and have some fun.

Retail on the boots is $525.00. They are not cheep.  On closeout I saved almost $200. These boots are very well made and have replaceable parts.  I like the idea of replacing the broken parts and not having to replace the whole boot.

To choose the proper size I traced my foot on a sheet of paper.  In tennis shoes I wear are mens 9 or a womens 10.  The sidi boots go from 8 1/2 to 9 1/2.  They were sold out of the 9 1/2 so I went with the 8 1/2 which is size 42 for Sidi.  They fit perfect. As these boots are not made for walking I have not had any size issues.  I do have some walking issues as they are very stiff and it is a new challenge getting on and off the bike.  I wore them to the post office and it was a bit clunky walking from the parking lot to our PO box.  These boots are for riding and for that they are perfect.



The replaceable sole. Just take off the screws and you can out a new sole on.  Mine are not worn down at all yet.


So far my only issue with the boots is how catchy the velcro is on the boots. The first time I tried  on the boots with my new Sidi socks I caught the one sock while taking  my foot out of the boot. I try to be very careful but it is very hard to not get the sock caught on the velcro.


I have only worn these socks a few times and look at the damage from the velcro.  Not a huge issue and I may be able to find a way to get the boots off without catching my socks in the velcro. At least the velcro is strong.


The socks are also very long and go way up over my knees. I am 5'9" tall.  



Wearing the boots.  In the beginning the biggest challenge was walking down the basement steps to get outside. The boots are braking in and it is getting a bit easier to walk and go down and up steps.


It is nice how the boots are hinged and can bend forward easily.


This is how the boots fit me. The buckles are easy to change and as long as you wear the same gear each time you would not have to adjust them.  It is very nice how each person can adjust the buckles to get the perfect fit for themselves.


Lots of protection and most of the parts are replaceable. You can even change the color of some of the parts if you were so inclined.


A fuller view where you can see how far up the Sidi socks go on my leg.

Coming form wearing tennis shoes on the motorcycle (a big safety no no) the biggest change wearing the Sidi boots is not being able to feel the shifter.  With tennis shoes I could feel the upshift. With the hard Sidi boots you can't feel anything.  Not bad just something I am getting used to. You know real quick if you have not shifted properly.

These are really nice boots and offer a great amount of protection.  They feel comfortable to wear and come in several varieties of color combinations.  I purchased a close out black and blue combination and am very pleased with my selection.

For trips to town where walking will be involved I have picked up a pair of slightly used Sidi Vertigo boots.    

More detailed info on the boots.

  • Lorica is used as the base material.
  • SR sole disperses loads better than any other sole system on the market.
  • SR sole can be replaced using a standard screwdriver.
  • Sidi's Supermoto SMS soles can be fitted.
  • Fully adjustable calf area.
  • Composite insole.
  • Inner heat shield.
  • Removable arch support.
  • Toe area covered in protective plastic.
  • Rigid, shock resistant, anatomically shaped heel for maximum protection.
  • Cam-lock buckle system.
  • Cambrelle lining
  • All bolt-on parts are replaceable.
  • Malleolus external guard to enhance protection of those tender small foot bones.
  • Slim, cool non-bootie design.
  • Dual Flex System upper.
  • Replaceable inner kickstart/footpeg guard on both boots.
  •  
  •  vvv


    Canyon Gore-Tex Street Cruiser Boots - SIDI-CANYON-GORE-TEX (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment