Tuesday, August 21, 2012

AGV Sport Solare Pants - review


After purchasing my used 2000 Yamaha TW200 motorcycle I needed to get the proper safety gear. That includes pants. As I looked online for women's pants I was dismayed at the lack of selection and choices. I do not like pink and I am not small and petit. I am 5'9" and weight 155 pounds. I have an athletic build and have large thighs.  Living in AZ I also have to deal with heat.  My preferred pants are actually shorts and it has to get below zero to get me to wear pants.

After searching I ordered the Scorpion’s Savannah Pants. They look cool and I hoped would fit. I ordered the XL and was a bit concerned as most reviews said the pants ran small. They were correct.  



Though they fit perfect in the low rise waist, they were very tight in the thighs. I sent the XL back and tried the 2XL (though it still seems wrong to get 2XL) The new pants fit well in the thighs but were way too big in the low rise waist and with my jacket on left a gap on my back of unprotected skin.  I did not have my Sidi boots at the time so I do not know how they would have worked with the boots. Reluctantly I returned them and kept looking.  

Next I tried the AGV Sport Solare Pants. They are supposed to be good in hot weather and offer built in padding and adjustability. I ordered the XL after finding the Large a bit to hard to get over my Sidi boots and a little snug in the thighs.


As you can see they are a bit big in the waist but are a good fit in the thighs.  They are not as stylish as the Scorpion pants but then they only cost $100 as opposed to $170.  


The pants make it look like I have no rear end.  But the padding will hopefully protect me in the event of an accident.  The AGV pants have a very high waist, too high for my taste but that will give me more protection in case of an accident.


As you can see the pants run big in the waist but they are adjustable and I can snug them up.  I can also wear my Knox armored shorts underneath as well as regular shorts.



For around a hundred dollars these are good pants for street riding in hot weather. They are well vented and have lots of adjustability in the waist and are large enough that I can wear shorts underneath.  I plan on wearing the Forcefield Zeus knee protectors under the pants as I find the built in knee protectors do not line up properly with my knee and I think you get better protection with a dedicated knee protector.

For off road riding I am getting a pair of motocross pants.I will still be able to use my Knox armored shorts and Forcefield Zeus knee protectors.

Here is the technical information on the AGV Sport Solare Pants.


  • 100% 600-D polyester strengthened woven textile and mesh pant for durability and comfort
  • Full mesh lining
  • CE approved knee pads
  • 10mm thick memory foam hips and lower back pad
  • Mesh panels on the front and rear of the upper leg for maximum cooling on hot days
  • Reflective piping is used on the outside of each leg for safety
  • Heavy duty seam construction for maximum tear resistance
  • World famous YKK zippers
  • Zip open lower legs
  • Extra long zipper pulls are used on all zippers
  • Velcro secured flap over the fly
  • Two front hand warmer pockets
  • Adjustable Velcro waist tabs
  • Waist connection zipper for jacket attachment



No comments:

Post a Comment